Lehman College is offering faculty the opportunity to participate in a 5 month-long hybrid teaching workshop series. This program will be limited to ten experienced and novice adjunct and full-time faculty members and, through a hybrid/blended format will integrate discussion and analysis of teaching and learning needs to provide thoughtful application of new media.
WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD FRIDAYS (TIME TBD) BEGINNING DECEMBER: DECEMBER 9, SYNCHRONOUS ONLINE IN JANUARY Sunday TBD, FEBRUARY 3, MARCH 9, APRIL 27. Participants will receive a $500 stipend upon successful completion of the above requirements.
Topics to be covered:
-Building an effective online syllabus
-Managing the online classroom: scaffold the learning with on-target procedures
-Managing student communication/reduce email
-Introducing teamwork to utilize online collaboration spaces
-Individual accountability: Answers to the ‘free rider’ problem in the classroom
-Ethics of and issues in social networking when placing student work online
– Hands-on with tools: Blogger, Wikispaces, Google Apps, Voicethread iClickers
What will the requirements be?
* Attend a minimum of five 3 hour live workshops (one of which will be conducted synchronous online);
* Participate in a facilitated online BlackBoard forum from January – May 2012 in which each faculty participant will mentor and be mentored by another participant.
* Contribute to either or both: a February round table discussion on Hybrid Teaching and Learning at Lehman or a Blended Learning Showcase Event to be held in May. (Dates TBD)
* Complete a peer-reviewed course conversion from on-ground to hybrid online for summer or fall 2012 that illustrates instructional techniques and strategies suited for a blended classroom.
* One faculty or adjunct member will have the opportunity to participate in a Sloan-C Blended Learning Conference to be held in Milwaukee Wisconsin April 23-24 2012 and present their experience at the Lehman year-end showcase.
* WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD FRIDAYS (TIME TBD) BEGINNING DECEMBER: DECEMBER 9,
SYNCHRONOUS ONLINE SUNDAY IN JANUARY TBD, FEBRUARY 3, MARCH 9, APRIL 27.
Participants will receive a $500 stipend upon successful completion of the above requirements.
For an application see the Lehman Faculty Development documents section or contact
Alyson Vogel: email@example.com 347 577-4024 (In Lehman dial ext 4024)
Applications are being accepted until November 21, on a first come first served basis